Courses and workshops - thoughts, recommendations

Viewed 480 times
Started 2015-10-05T21:24:00+00:00
8 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

1 likes 2015-10-05T21:24:00+00:00
 profile photo
Hello you fine people.

Apologies if I'm putting this in the wrong part of the forum (wasn't sure what it would really come under) but I was wondering if anyone knew of any really good courses/workshops for amateur photgraphers like myself? I really want to improve on my skills but following a few snaps at a family do last weekend I realise I still have a lot to learn about my camera and the photographic art.

I've seen a number of workshops, one-to-one courses and the like advertised on the net but was wondering how other people felt about these - are they good value for money? A waste of time? I've seen prices range from £150-£800 but does more money=better tuition? (I don't mind paying for the courses but some of them are a bit out of my budget at the moment).

Ideally I'm looking for/at portraiture photography courses (can be any sub-genre), mainly in the Yorkshire area (difficult getting time to travel further with full time work) - just getting to grip with camera settings, lighting, posing and interaction with models, etc. Anyone have any recommendations/any I should avoid at all costs?

As always, many thanks for any advice/help provided, it is always appreciated.

Andy

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads